Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~ Albert Einstein
So cliched, but can it really go unsaid about the shuffling of the deck chairs on the Titanic? It's the best metaphor, sorry. Don't you just love their spin as "Cabinet Renewal?" It's all so comical. It's like they are all suffering some mass delusion that they have a chance of getting in as a majority again. It's almost sad really, if it weren't for all of the people who've been kicked in the teeth over and over again by the BC Liberal government over the last decade.Oh and those people are us. You know, voters.
It's like a game of political Survivor where people are voting themselves off the island one by one.
BC Liberals Resign: Sinking Ship Or Fresh Start (TWITTER REACTION)
Huffington Post, Andree Lau, Aug. 30, 2012
Christy Clark shuffles cabinet
VICTORIA/CKNW (AM980), 9/5/2012
Office of the (Ill-fated) Premier: Premier Christy Clark Announces Cabinet Renewal
VICTORIA - Premier Christy Clark today renewed her cabinet with a focus on a strong and growing economy, controlling spending and making life more affordable for families.
"Our government is delivering for British Columbians. This new cabinet brings a renewed commitment to our priorities," said Premier Clark. "That means staying focused on jobs and fiscal discipline and continuing our efforts to make life more affordable for B.C. families. I have directed each minister to stay focused on these priorities."
The new Cabinet is made up of 16 ministers and two ministers of state, plus the Premier. No new ministries have been added, keeping the size of the Cabinet smaller than pre-2011 levels.
There is a new cabinet working group focused on family affordability, and the cabinet committee on jobs and economic growth now includes skills training. A full listing of the cabinet committees and membership is attached in the backgrounder.
The new cabinet is:
* Premier - Hon. Christy Clark
* Minister of Energy, Mines and Natural Gas and Minister Responsible
for Housing and Deputy Premier- Hon. Rich Coleman
* Minister of Finance and House Leader - Hon. Mike de Jong
* Minister of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation - Hon. Ida
* Minister of Advanced Education, Innovation and Technology and
Minister Responsible for Multiculturalism - Hon. John Yap
* Minister of Agriculture - Hon. Norm Letnick
* Minister of Children and Family Development - Hon. Stephanie
* Minister of Citizens' Services and Open Government - Hon. Ben
* Minister of Community, Sport and Cultural Development - Hon. Bill
* Minister of Education - Hon. Don McRae
* Minister of Environment - Hon. Terry Lake
* Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations - Hon.
* Minister of Health - Hon. Margaret MacDiarmid
* Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training and Minister
Responsible for Labour - Hon. Pat Bell
* Minister of Justice and Attorney General - Hon. Shirley Bond
* Minister of Social Development - Hon. Moira Stilwell
* Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure - Hon. Mary Polak
* Minister of State for Seniors - Hon. Ralph Sultan
* Minister of State for Small Business - Hon. Naomi Yamamoto