Posted on May 6, 2009 by Laila
“Government officials involved in the strike teams say they can’t discuss what they found until after next week’s provincial election.”
Run-of-river Power Projects Breach Environmental Regulations: documents
Damaging Wild Salmon Stocks
Encouraging an explosion of farmed fish, in spite of the scientific evidence this was causing infestations of sea lice in wild salmon and destroying the natural ecosystems. What’s worse, the BC Liberal government wants to expand farmed fishing in BC.
The “Sale” of BC Rail
He told the people of BC, when running for the first election, he would not privatize BC Rail. He was planning it all along. Five years ago, on December 28th 2003 the BC Legislature was raided for a police investigation into government corruption, drugs, organized crime, money laundering and the “sale” of BC Rail. Government aides were charged and we now know the “deal” directly involved insiders and advisors to Gordon Campbell, as well as a number of Ministers and senior bureaucrats. The BC government has done everything they could to delay, stop and take vexacious actions to prevent the truth from coming out and justice for the citizens of BC. This has cost the taxpayers millions of dollars in legal fees and it will cost millions as this continues.
Unelected Lobbyists, Friends & Insiders Have Extraordinary Influence over BC
Lobbyists and BC Liberal insiders Patrick Kinsella and Ken Dobell, close friends and mentors of Campbell’s, have had their grubby, greedy paws in privatization and all manner of other schemes to separate the taxpayers of BC from any resources & assets they might have.
Attorney General Wally "Stonewally" Oppal - Once a respected and honourable judge laid down with the dogs and now has a bad case of fleas he’ll never shake. Once you start making excuses for them, you’re done and he’s made a lot of excuses about why the BC government can’t explain Kinsella’s role in the “sale” of BC rail. Now he’s remembered he lives in Delta South and since he was booted out of Vancouver-Fairview he’s running in a riding that has been essentially raped & pillaged by the BC Liberals and he hasn’t even paid attention, let alone done a thing to help the riding.
Outrageous Pay Raises for Gordon Campbell & Co.
- The big man gave himself an obscene pay increase. "Campbell, premier and head of the BC Liberals, saw his annual compensation soar from $126,638 to $187,589 between 2006/07 and 2007/08. That's a one-year hike of $60,951, or 48.1 per cent." (McMartin).
- Gordon Campbell gave his deputy ministers a hefty pay raise in 2001 and another in 2006 giving his Deputy Ministers and senior bureaucrats another raise, opening the door for pay increases of up to 43 per cent in 2008. This is with very little to show for their work and in a time when more citizens in BC have never been worse off.
- CEO's of Crown corporations have seen their compensation skyrocket by as much as 166 per cent. Check this out to see the top earners and see where your taxpayer dollars have seeped away.
- New Translink Board Salaries Exorbitant - "According to figures from TransLink, the nine-member unelected board was paid nearly $575,000 in salaries and benefits in 2008-09. This compares to $122,000 paid to the 12 mayors and councillors, who had run the board before it was disbanded in 2007. Directors are paid a base salary of about $25,000 plus $8,000 for chairing committees and $1,200 for every m
- eeting they attend." (Vancouver Sun).
Huge Pay Raises, the Silent Issue
Libs gave selves big pay hikes, zero to minimum wage earners. But NDP can't complain.
This same government created and refuses to do away with a instituted a $6 “training wage,” made it legal for 12 year olds to work and has steadfastly refused to raise the minimum wage to a measly $10, which still doesn’t add up to a decent standard of living in BC, especially with rising costs of gas, heat, food and rent.
Hands Tied, Child protection workers talk about working in, and leaving, B.C.'s child welfare systemBC Liberal Americanization of Formerly Public Assets and Services
By Sharing is Good.
Definition of Tyranny
–noun, plural -nies.
|1.||arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.|
|2.||the government or rule of a tyrant or absolute ruler.|
|3.||a state ruled by a tyrant or absolute ruler.|
|4.||oppressive or unjustly severe government on the part of any ruler.|
|5.||undue severity or harshness.|
|6.||a tyrannical act or proceeding.|